Dear Kodiak Community,
We are still facing many unknowns regarding events and gathering size restrictions. We have decided not to hold the Kodiak on the original event date of August 14-15, 2020. In our previous update, we said we were considering moving the 2020 Kodiak to September to have a better chance of being able to hold the event. As of today, June 1, we are not able to entirely commit to moving to September due to outstanding permits with different agencies that would be required to move forward with the event. However, we are working hard behind the scenes to get to an answer and we're also working on an alternate race format, such as an "Open Course" race where you can race for an official finish on the original, marked course while using your own support crew, to offer you a unique 2020 Kodiak given the unusual times we're all experiencing.
We want to be as flexible as possible and offer everyone that is already registered a few options. In addition to the current options below, we'll be adding additional options as our plans come together.
1 - Wait for further information on the status of the event to make a decision about participating in the 2020 Kodiak.
(If you choose this option, the other options below will still be available to you at a later time.)
2 - Defer to 2021 or 2022.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your deferral.
3 - Receive a refund of 85% of your 2020 entry fee (not including Ultrasignup fees).
Email us at email@example.com to process your refund. REFUNDS MUST BE REQUESTED BY JULY 1, 2020.
4 - Donate your 85% refund to the Bear Valley SAR team or Big Bear Trails.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to process your donation.
We will be in touch again soon with further updates.
STAY IN TOUCH
Kodiak Ultra Community: www.facebook.com/groups/kodiakultracommunity
All the best,